Present Over Perfect Mantra Printable
About the Present Over Perfect Mantra Printable
Present Over Perfect
Years ago – the week before Christmas 2011 – I found myself anxious, frantic, frustrated at what wasn’t done, wasn’t bought, wasn’t wrapped, wasn’t happening. The house was a wreck. I had a newborn and a five year old, and also so many expectations for what Christmas had to be. In one very clear moment, I realized that I was very much in danger of missing it all, in a haze of lists and anxiety and stress, and I had a choice to make: I could force things to be perfect, or I could settle down right in both the mess and the beauty and choose to be present. The idea of present over perfect—not a book, not a title, just a phrase for me to focus my heart on—was born in that moment, and that idea continues to guide my choices, especially when the voices of hustle and performance seem so loud. I can be here, or I can miss it, hustling for perfection. I’m choosing to be here, choosing to be present, and that’s my invitation to you this beautiful and challenging season.” -Shauna Niequist
This artwork was created in collaboration and with permission from Shauna Niequist. The download includes one art print with two color options in black and navy. Words ©Shauna Niequist. Don't forget to shop the Present Over Perfect book on Amazon.
- Fine art reproduction of Lindsay's original artwork.
- Proudly made – just for you – in the USA!
- All artwork ©Lindsay Sherbondy. All rights reserved.
About Art Downloads & Printables
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email confirming your purchase. Your download will be delivered via a separate email with a link to download your printable(s).
- All artwork is formatted to 8.5” x 11” inch, to be printed on traditional letter size paper at 300 dpi (standard resolution).
- For personal use only. Each download comes with permission to print 5, inclusive of multiple color options. It is unlawful to print multiples beyond this agreement for any reason without permission.
- All downloads ©2019 Lindsay Letters®, LLC. All rights reserved. Learn more about Lindsay Letters® Art Downloads here.
About The Artist
Lindsay Sherbondy is a painter, calligrapher, graphic designer and authenticity-advocate that believes you are worthy of meaningful art! She started Lindsay Letters® (accidentally) in 2009, and has been working (intentionally) at creating beautiful and meaningful works for you to love & make your own ever since.