Honestly, our Art Director Laura is responsible for the content of this canvas, but I didn't have to dig very deep for inspiration.
One of the last wonderful memories I have with Eva before her accident was a warm, magical night last August. I took E and her friend Braylin to Sonic and they danced around on the patio furniture like wild women. It was WAY past their bedtime and I blasted T-swift super loud in my Jeep Commander as we sang out the windows and sunroof. After we got back home, the girls weren’t ready to go to bed yet, so I suggested we look for shooting stars. (Our country neighborhood is perfect for that!!!) So, we set up copious amounts of blankets on the driveway, I was sandwiched in between the girls, (our friend Aitana joined us) and we stared at the sky for an hour. I’d love to tell you that we saw 15 shooting stars, but we didn’t. D checked on us later & told us that the best place to see a shooting star is that special place in the sky where the deep night blue gets a little lighter, about thirty degrees above the horizon. Of course, we had been looking straight up instead, but it didn’t matter. Both girls were laughing too hard to focus on finding shooting stars anyway. I did see one, maybe?, but the girls were lost in laughter and I just laid there fully noticing that what I was experiencing in that moment was heaven on earth. This is a painting of the sky that night.
This season, I find myself in a very different place than that magical night. That feels like a hundred years ago, honestly. And life looks so different now, and I know yours does, too. I grieve that life, and that feeling. But when I look up at the deep blue night, I am reminded that not all is lost. The same God I admired then, is the same God that sets the sun still today, and tomorrow, and forever. And He is still good.
This Kids Camp! Collection is a celebration of Eva, and of Phoenix, and of all the messy, amazing, wonderful kids around the women on my team... it’s a celebration of our babes on Earth, and in Heaven, and of a time when we have no choice but to celebrate the beautiful, fun, playful things we have to hold on to. Enjoy, my friends. We love you. 💛💛💛💛
Fine Art Download Sizes & Tiers
- There are three tiers of sizing/prices available to choose from: $50 (smallest sizes), $75 (medium sizes), $100 (largest sizes). Select the price/size that suits your needs best. The folder you receive will contain each of the three sizes within the sizing tier group you've selected. This way, even if you change your mind on how to frame it, you're covered!
- We love using IKEA frames for our posters, so we have made the specicic sizes for these frames available to you. If you're interested, check out our favorites, the HOVSTA & RIBBA frames, before making your purchase. The IKEA sizes work both with and without mats, so check the specs on the IKEA website to see what size frame and art works best for your space. (IKEA frames also work with size 16x20).
Receiving Your Artwork
- Your Fine Art Download purchase grants you a JPEG file, sized as specified, and optimized for printing at 300 dpi.
- Directly after your purchase, you will be able to download your artwork right away on the post check-out page. If you wish to download it later, no problem! You can exit off of that page, because you will also receive the file(s) via email. Your download will be delivered via a separate, second email (after your order confirmation email) with a link to download your art file(s). This email will come from our partner company, Fetch.
- Can't find your files? Search "Fetch" in your "updates," "spam," and junk email.
- Artwork ©Lindsay Sherbondy. All rights reserved.
- Now, check out the Downloadable Artwork Terms & Conditions, including a print release form!
About Lindsay Letters®
Established in 2009, Lindsay Letters® offers an expansive collection of art and goods featuring Lindsay's original artwork including hand lettering, paintings and graphic design. (We've also added some vintage pieces and photography, to make adding to your art collection even easier). To the best of our knowledge, LindsayLetters.co has the largest purchasable library of art by any single artist. (Which we think is pretty cool!) All of the artwork shown on site, with the exception of some select Original Artwork auctioned quarterly, has been digitally reproduced and printed with love and care, and applied choice, quality materials, for your enjoyment and love. It's our honor to create beautiful things for your home and life! Tag @lindsayletters.co on Instagram to share your images and experiences of your LL goodies in the wild!
about the artist
Lindsay Sherbondy is a painter, calligrapher, graphic designer and authenticity-advocate that believes you are worthy of meaningful art! She started Lindsay Letters® (accidentally) in 2009, and has been working (intentionally) at creating beautiful and meaningful artwork for you to make your own ever since.